Monday, February 23, 2009

Post-Oscar Talk

I enjoyed the Oscars. Hugh Jackman was a pretty good host, but kind of absent. I did really like his musical tribute to the nominated films. It was stellar. It was also strange that one presenter, or set of presenters, announced like three awards. My enjoyment also had something to do with my correct predictions of 13 awards.

I correctly predicted:
Supporting Actor, Heath Ledger
Leading Actress, Kate Winslet
Animated Feature, WALL-E
Art Direction, Benjamin Button
Cinematography, Benjamin Button
Costume Design, The Duchess
Directing, Danny Boyle (SM)
Film Editing, SM
Makeup, Benjamin Button
Original Score, SM
Visual Effects, Benjamin Button
Screenplay, Adapted, SM
Screenplay, Original, Milk

I wasn't overly surprised about any outcome. I was a little disappointed in the sound categories of all things...I really thought that WALL-E was the obvious choice.

Did anything shock you?

No comments:

Post a Comment