Saturday, June 20, 2009

I Love You, Man

So I fail at posting lately and what seems like a really long time ago I saw two movies which I will now post. They will be brief and without much detail. Sorry.

I Love You, Man is about Peter Klaven (Paul Rudd) and his quest for a best man-friend. Peter has always been friends with the ladies, but not really any guys. When he gets engaged, Peter realizes that he has no one to be his best man. His search ends when he finds Sydney Fife (Jason Segel). Sydney is the kind of guy that wears UGGs with shorts and a wife-beater to walk his dog on the beach where he refuses to pick up the dog's poop. He is very unlike Peter in most ways, except for their shared passion for the band RUSH. That's right, there is a ton of Rush in this movie. Their friendship has its ups and downs, but ultimately they work things out.

I must say that I really enjoy Paul Rudd. Especially when he is awkward in a very endearing sort of way (like Mike on Friends). At one point he gets up the courage to call Sydney to set up a man date and the message he leaves is so wonderful. It is how I feel everytime I try to leave a phone message for someone.

I also really enjoyed the brother (Andy Samberg). The married couple that faught all the time (the husband, I just realized, is Pete from Friends...huh) and the slightly crazy single friend (who totally could have been played by Kristin Wigg) were also enjoyable.
There were parts which were
more awkwardly inappropriate rather than funny, for me anyway, but overall it was pretty good.

I Love You, Man gets two kernels - pretty funny, but not the best thing since sliced bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment