Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Inglourious Basterds

Inglourious Basterds takes place a long time ago...in nazi-occupied France. It is Tarantino's latest work and it is awesomeness in a movie. I wouldn't call myself a fan of Tarantino, in case you were wondering, for the simple reason that I have not really seen any of his movies (I know, I suck, I should fix it, whatever). I have seen Inglourious Basterds though (twice even) and me likey.

I don't really want to get into the plot too much because I don't want to ruin it and it might get complex and confusing. Basically there are two plots that eventually come together. In one, Lt. Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt) leads a group of Jewish-American soldiers who are in the nazi killing business. In the other, a Jewish survivor, Shosanna (Melanie Laurent) plots some revenge.

All of the acting is excellent. Laurent does a great job at being sympathetic. Christoph Waltz, as Col. Hans Landa, is wonderfully evil and crazy. And Pitt makes an excellent crazy accent guy. His accent was so wonderful and it pretty much caught me off guard every time he spoke.

There were some typical Tarantino death scenes...or what I have been told are typical Taratino death scenes, but I di
dn't find it overly violent. I thought it had a great balance between sad, funny, and violence.

Inglourious Basterds gets three kernels - simply wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment